04 May 2009

h1n1



"Hi Sarah,

I've been asked by the Vice President, Robin Kaufman, to ask you not to visit campus for at least a week after returning from Mexico. Since Mexico City is still largely closed this week, and since the incubation period can be up to a week, the campus wants to make sure that you are in good health before having you on campus. I hope you understand. Hope all is well,

[my study abroad adviser]"

today I got my nostrils swabbed to check for the flu. it will probably come back negative, in which case the sample won't be sent to the state health department (since I feel fine).

It is necessary to mention that there are more confirmed cases in New York City (population: 8 million people) then in Mexico City (population: 22 million people).


Marlena and I working on our zine. An electronic version will be available in a few weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Colleges are cah-razy. They definitely kicked a bunch of kids out of their rooms in one of our dorms so they could make a quarantine space. Even though classes were over last Friday and people have already started going home. I'm sorry that your school is silly too. I'm sure you don't have swine flu. Or Mexican flu. Or whatever bullshit name they are calling it by tonight on the news.

    ReplyDelete